Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

1.03.2011

Day 3

Day 3 - First Love

Well this is not something on the 30 day blogging adventure that I wanted to talk about. Really? Can't we talk about my favorite shopping stores, favorite Sonic drink, or beaches??

Ok so my first love. Can I have 2? hehe.

I think it was Casey. Well I know it was. We met when I lived in St.Louis. He was the PK (Preachers kid) and I was the EK (Elder's kid). OH MY! It was bound to be crazy! He was cute and fun and came from a large family. I want to say we dated about a year? I say date as in...what 7th graders do. Go to church activities, hang out at eachothers house on the weekend, kiss while the parents aren't looking, etc. I moved back to Edmond, I kicked and screamed the whole way there. Literally! I was awful to my parents. We stayed together like 4 months after that. I broke it off, after he had come to see me, sold his bike to get the money for the plane ticket. I felt horrible for years. Seriously right now I kinda feel like I still owe him a bike or a plane ticket. I was in 8th grade, but still. Casey if you are out there. I am sorry. If I ever get money to throw around on a bike I will send you one. On a side note: I recently got into biking so I could do a triathlon so I know what a good bike costs. Ouch!

Ok the second love, which I think was my first real love because I was 19, so I would say a great deal more grown up and actually had feelings more than, "you're cute, I like you". Still a silly kid though. Welp, his name was Justin. OH boy was this a big one. We met the week before our freshman year of college at Earn Your Wings. Something they do at OC where we went to school. I should have gone to another college and gotten away from Edmond but I didn't know much then. Oh well. Live and Learn. Justin and I fell hard and quick. He may never admit it but at the time, at least at first he was in it as much as I. Anywho, he was from Kansas and I had visited his family there a few times. I thought they all hung the moon. 5 kids, cool dad, pretty mom, and Justin was a great guy. The last name should have warned me (hehe)! Totally kidding. Well it went down hill quickly then back up and then WAY down. I got accused of cheating on him. Which so didn't happen. He broke his hand. It was ugly. We worked it all out, and stayed together until the next summer. In the late spring he went through a rough medical issue with me. I would have sworn we were in it for life. So school let out and summer came. He was coming down to visit. He was working hard over the summer so it was only maybe the 2nd time I had seen him since school was out. He broke it off within about 10 minutes of being there. I took it pretty darn bad. Ask anyone. It was brutal. I lost 11 pounds in like a week, really. My parents tried to send me with Mickey and Jane Banister to Europe for the semester abroad because they were so worried about me being back at school with him come that August. Amanda sat with me on the floor while I cried myself silly. Ginny walked to me to classes he and I shared to make sure I went to class and didn't break down. Hey, I was 19 and it was my first love. I learned, I grew. Long story short, I eventually got over it and had a great end to my time at OC. He has a family of his own now and as far as I know is doing wonderful and obviously he knew more than me at the time. I think I would have held on till it killed us. Good for him.

Fast forward to the age of 26...I thought I was going to be alone forever. Then, I met the love of my life. It was all worth it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I love your 30 day blog challenge? I might join in!

    I remember the day of "the hand incident" very well. Wow.

    ReplyDelete