Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

1.01.2011

Day 1

Happy New Year! What a blessing 2010 was for our family with the birth of Berkley. I look forward to what 2011 brings.

So "day1" you ask!? I am following in the footsteps of a friend! It is a blog challenge type of thing. YOu blog every day for 30 days. Luckily the challenge gives you what to do each day. So here goes for day 1!

Day 1: Introduction, recent picture & 15 interesting facts.

I am Brooke, I have a big mouth, I am very opinitated & I have a need to people please. I love my husband, his name is Bart. I love my daughter, her name is Berkley (boo, boo boo, budah, munchkin, punkin, B, lil bit, etc). I am an organizer and I make lists of lists. I like to blog and I enjoy getting my feelings/thoughts out, but then sometimes they get me into trouble. Oops! Oh and I teach. Lil humans. 3rd and 4th graders to be exact. I love to take trips, but hate traveling, I like me some Sooners and I love chocolate covered strawberries!!!! Ok intro over and out.

This is a recent pic of me and my boo. Yes I know it is dark and you can't see well. Sorry. Sounds like a personal problem. JUUUUUUUUUUst Kidding. It really was the most recent.



1. Brooke is my middle name. My first name is infact Kathryn. (Thanks mom and dad for making classes fun every first day! Roll call = frustration)

2. I hate getting my picture taken.

3. I am a CrossFitter! If you haven't done CrossFIt or have never heard of it...YOU need to check it out.

4. I did my first triathlon in August 2010. Way fun.

5. I dip my fried cheese (mozarella sticks) in sugar. Like I take a bite, and then when most would go for marinara, I go for sugar. Pure sugar out of the lil packet on the table. Yep. Thanks Dad.

6. I love to wrap presents with big pretty bows, especially for XMAS. I go buy ribbon and coordinate up to 3 different paper selections. :)

7. During my pregnacy my reading habit (LOVE ME SOME BOOKS) kinda got nuts. I was reading a book about every 2- 3 days. I would sit in the bath at night and read for hours.

8. I can't stand lemon in my water. I don't understand when it became the norm at resturaunts to just automatically put it in without asking!

9. In 3rd grade we had moved to Pennsylvania and we were attending a new church. Growing up I went to the Church of Christ. THey serve communion every week and you take it when you are a baptized believer. I wasn't baptized yet. THey were offeing it to any in the class I was in that were. I told them I was catholic and had been baptized as a baby so I could take communion. It was a bit of a problem with my parents later.

10. I have Thyroid issues.

11. I don't like or eat any type of fish. No lobster, no fish, no shrimp, etc. NONE at all. Gag.

12. I get motion sick very easily. It is a pain in my rear.

13. I can eat sunflower seeds with the best of any boys. My dad taught me when I was little. I pour them in my mouth and they go into the cheek and only come out via spitting in a cup. I taught my husband.

14. I snuck into Wrigley Field.

15. According to my OBGYN I have a high pain tolerance. He was impressed. That made me feel good till he made me push a child out of my woman parts.

Okay so that was day 1. If anyone wants to do this challenge themselves I will send you all the info. Kinda fun and a new way to jump start 2011 in the bloggin world!

-bb

P.S. Here are some recent pics of baby boo. She is the cutest, funniest and smartest lil booger!

THis is her new big girl car seat!


Crazy XMas outfits I made her wear!





Yay for her first pair of converse! They have sparkles!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in and would love the info!! dodson05@gmail.com!

    Love your blog Brooke!

    -Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried cheese in sugar?? I'm trying it. I still can't get over that piggy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I want the info too! My email is crislyn.ward@oc.edu. Not that I will definitely do it, but blogging more is definitely one of my New Year's Resolution attempts! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete