Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

11.18.2010

Another Installment of ...Random Thoughts on Thursday!

It is Thursday again. Here are some thoughts, a large amount of them to be more precise!

So...

It is a sad day in my little world. This will be the first Harry Potter movie I have not attended the opening mindnight showing. For some of you, this would not be a problem. That is ok, I don't judge your weird stuff. So, you don't get to judge mine. Anyway, I haven't quite grasped that I am actually going to miss out. I have very mixed feelings about this. I have been preparing. I have been watching all the older HP's! I have reread the book! Ugh.

Why have I not posted at all this week? I have been sick, again...and exhausted. I am sure I am not the only one in this boat with this weather, but it's my blog. I actually like winter, but liking winter doesn't mean I like...sleet, rain, bitter cold, gloomy skies and crazy strong winds! Anywho, said energy level has meant I get home and sit in floor with child, play, eat, and then go to bed.

What do I like about the winter months? Two great holidays, christmas lights, big coats, boots, fires, snow, hot chocolate and snugglin with baby boo! this is how she rolls. Laid back and only needs one hand for the bottle! So talented.

Berkley likes to sleep sitting up. It is really quite funny. She will lay down when it is nap time or bed time. Stick the wubanub in (paci with a toy stuck to it) and then start to fall asleep. All of a sudden its a few minutes of play, stand, sit up then sit down. Finally, she kind of plops down, head cocks sideways on the bumper and she is out. I think maybe she would enjoy a pillow.

I have a had a few people show me their true self this week. They say one thing, then do another. Their actions are speaking louder than their words. Why do I not listen when someone is clearly 'showing' me what they really think/feel??

Why can you(not you exactly, but people in general) do what's best for you and it be ok, but then when I want to do what is best for me, my family, etc. it isn't ok?? Obviously it's ok with me, but why is it not ok with you? You live your life, let me live mine. Our choices, thoughts and feelings do not have to match! That is the beauty of the world God created.

I saw my favorite doctor on Monday. My OBGYN. That might freak some of you out, but I love this man. He is calming and caring and talks all the nonsense through with. He made my birthing experience great! Nway, I wish he could be my primary care doctor too, oh and maybe my dentist? All in one stop!

During the cold months I will only grocery shop at Target...they have Starbucks and I need a hot chocolate when I grocery shop and when I am also cold. Sorry Crest, you will get some love come March.

Starbucks Hot Chocolate: Personally, I think it is the best hot chocolate ever. It's so darn good. Perfect temperature every time! It is also very chocolaty and made with milk, not water. Much better. Oh and the cream on top! I challenge you to find better.

I found some new jeans. They are called DL's. Can you say, 360degree stretch in waitband? Yes sir! Thank you new favorite brand of jeans, in your honor I will do a ballet twirl!

Is it just me or does a beach holiday sound good right about now?

I have a KeepItLocalOklahoma card. So handy. You get great discounts for going places you already go! Cheevers, Saturn Grill, Lime Leopard, etc. Get one.

Let's talk DWTS. Why is everyone so mad that Bristol Palin is still on? She got the votes. That is the point of the show. You get votes, you stay on. Is she a great dancer? No. Was Brandy better? Yes. Does that mean Brandy deserves it? No. It isn't just about the dancing, or how great your body is, or how the judges vote. Bristol got the viewer votes, end of story. If you don't like it, go VOTE!

Speaking of voting. Did you vote for our politicians? You should.

I know people that only go to the bathroom at home. They will hold it ALL day. I think that is amazing. You should get like a double star on your report card. I think it is kinda bad for your insides, but wow. Jumping jacks for you,your bladder and your bum!

All things school related:
Why do all children when they enter school hallways have one level of speaking? That one level, it is called yelling. It's like an on switch. Enter hall=scream at friends. Enter hall=no one can hear me if I don't yell, must yell.

Children also feel this way about running. They must have a little person in their head that says, "if I do not run to the classroom, down the hallway, to the bathroom, to gym, to the media center, I will not get there. I must run."

My classroom is in the 1st grade pod. (I work with 3rd and 4th graders though.) I use the 1st grade bathroom quite often as I am to lazy to walk down the hall to the adult one. Anywho. I walked into said 1st grade bathroom the other day. There was a head peeking at me. Above the stall. It looked like a 8ft tall 1st grader. What was it? A tiny little 1st grader who had climbed up the wall of the bathroom stall and was standing on the toilet paper dispenser looking around. I guess she thought it was recess? Nosy booger. Oh and we don't climb walls. I bear growled at her.

1st grader bathroom habits =YUCK! Fist pumps and hula dances for my clean bathroom at home.

I was walking a student back to their classroom....I didn't notice she stopped to tie her shoe. I kept walking. I tripped over student. I fell on face in hallway. Ouch.

I personally am for all year round school with breaks spread out. Like we would still get the normal breaks, but instead of all summer off, you take a shorter summer break, then add in week break for Thanksgiving instead of just a couple days and a few more long weekends here and there and bam! It is all year round school, more breaks but shorter, kids retain more and still get brain and play breaks throughout the year. It helps all our sanity! That is my opinion though.

Oh and teachers should get paid more. WAY more.

Finally, for your viewing pleasure. Berkley's new favorite past time. Taking things out of drawers!


Happy Thursday! Stay warm people.
-bb

No comments:

Post a Comment