Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

10.13.2010

Inspiration or just a good laugh...

This is a first. Two blog postings in one day.

The other is down below...its about the recent Brewer happenings. I say this with all honesty, I am a complex person. I love the Lord and strive to live more like him but, I fail quite often. I love my family and friends and while they make me a better person, no matter what I do, I have a sick sense of humor and when I get upset with people, I mentally want to stomp on their foot. I don't think I am a bad person. I think I just voice stuff and think stuff most people are smart enough NOT to. Oops.


Warning: THe following post is an illustration of randomness. Random Wednesday thoughts? Sounds a lot like Randon Thoughts Thursdays, those are poplular so I will do it today instead.

Ok so for a couple weeks now I have been reading friends of friends blogs, googling topics and reading random strangers blogs, clicking on links, etc. that lead me to some interesting reads. I think this comes from my LOVE of reading. I love any and all kinds of reading. I read my Bible everyday, along with my email, twitter, US Magazine, notes from my babysitter, text from the husband and James Patterson murder novels.

I think sometimes my heart and head battle and are contradictory...very much like when I let my selfish desires take over from what I know I should do, say, act like, be.

Warning: what you are about to read is prob on the selfish side of me. Most of my blogs are. Again, I tend to say what most people or talk about what most people are smart enough to shut up about.

I have found a few blogs that I kept going back to read. A couple are very inspirational/hilarious about marriage and communication. SOme are about everyday life, decor, fashion, kids, etc. One is pure sick humor. She has a potty mouth, but I find myself laughing sometimes so hard my toe hurts.

You are thinking to yourself right now why did she just say ' laugh so hard it makes my toe hurt. that makes no sense. she really is nuts, its not just a rumor!'

Well it is one of the many random things about myself I have learned. I like to say random things, quote movies, etc. One blog I came across the blogger uses awesome descriptions when she is excited about something. She says fun stuff like...two leg kicks for ice cream, or 1 fist pump for mocha latte afternoons, and finally 1 hula dance for all green lights. I read this, how she describes her joy about something and I think to myself....THAT IS SO ME, sometimes. I get excited or mad about something and I want to kick,silent dance, or bear growl and I haven't ever been able to adequatley describe that....UNTIL NOW~ Thank you todaysletters.com for your awesomness. 2 fist pumps for your vocab skills.

"You're killin me smalls" is one of my FAVORITE things to say. By the way, 3rd graders have no clue what this means.

Another thing I have learned about myself through reading a blog is: I have an insane memeory about people, but I often downplay this to not freak them out. Then this is where it gets creepy. A girl I went to highschool with described this quality about herself, exactly. So maybe this girl and I could make some money off this. You forget soemthing, call me, I fill you in and magically I get money in my paypal? Like I bet if I know you, even kinda...I can tell you what kind of car you drive. You will swear I have no idea, but I do. I am super observant.

I also have learned that even though I am an educator, I really need to practice my writing skills...as in how to use commas, semicolons, apostrophes.

I am waaaay to sarcastic. This is also something 3rd graders don't understand.

I have learned I am really random and if you can keep up, 2 tutu twirls fo sho!!

I read blogs and people are so articulate, funny, interesting and so are their kids and friends they write about. I get jealous. Then I think about how hugely silly some of the things we humans get jealous about. A blog, come on Brooke. Really?

If B is the only one who laughs at me or gets my humor, then its a constant reminder of how awesome God is for leading us to each other.


Final thought: I find myself singing "we are the champions" when something cool happens. But, I also find myself wanting to drop a banana peel in front of somehting who is rude....I do this all in my head. Do I get two points for not actually making someone slip? How about 3 points for not kicking the Target check out lady who sneezed all over my groceries, just mentally doing it?

Done and done.

-bb

P.S. I made a baby. I love her SOOO much, even when she wipes her nose back and forth on my neck. Throws up on me, poops on her hand sewn bedding and sticks her fingers in my nose and laughs. She rocks. She rocks the bath too. Sticks her head under the running water cause she is cool like that. Stuffs 2 squirt toys in her mouth while popping open her eyes like an alien. Fist pumps for cool babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment