Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

12.30.2009

Note to self...

My husband likes to remind me I kinda have a "ask for forgivness rather than permission" attitude a little to often. He is correct and he should be given major props for all he puts up with.

Example:

Husband: (a month or so ago) honey you can't just assume its ok to fly at 33 weeks, you need to call the doctor and make sure. (paraphrased)
Me: no no, its fine. trust me. so and so said it was fine and i read that it was fine and so and so did it at like 32 weeks and they were fine. its fine, really.
Husband: just call and ask.
Me: its fine! book it!
Husband: just ask, please
Me: its fine! just trust me.

THIS WENT ON FOR LIKE A WEEK OR SO.
HUSBAND GAVE IN, BOOKED IT ALL AND THEN TODAY WAS MY 32 WEEK DOCTORS APPT.

Me: so whats the chance its ok for me to fly next week?
Nurse: um not good! doubt the airlines will let you, doubt dr.g will let you but you can ask. (she then told us a story about a lady flying to mexico and giving birth there).

NURSE LEAVES
HUSBAND GIVES ME I TOLD YOU SO AND YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE LOOK AND SAID A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME AND NOT LISTENING, etc.
I LOOK DOWN TRY NOT TO CRY AND START FREAKING OUT IN MY HEAD.

Dr.G: hey...how goes it? how ya feeling, any questions?
Me: yah um can i fly to DC next week?
Dr.G: yah totally. you will be fine, here is a note, here take this prego valium, you have my pager number if you need anything. have a great time! see you in two weeks.(paraphrased)
Me: oh well whew! thanks.

DR.G LEAVES.

Husband: Well, guess you skidded on thru again...

I SMILED.

YAHYAHYAH - I still get to go on the trip!

Love and Blessings,
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. that's exciting, I can't go on my free of charge spring break cruise because I'll be over 24 weeks, so for future ref, no cruises over 24 weeks....oh well!

    ReplyDelete