Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

1.10.2010

Washington, D.C. - great trip!




Rotunda at the Capitol.

White House - so cool all that is behind those walls!



Bart at the Lincoln Memorial.



Well, we made it to DC and back with no baby coming on the plane! My husband was thrilled. The pressure during take off and landing was a little weird. I think she kept balling up behind my ribs, very high up in there...so that was a little uncomfortable! Overall though, I flew well and for me that's a huge accomplishment. I did use my sleepy/nausea meds but that doesn't count. ;)

We saw everthing! It was so amazing. If you are an American you need/should go to DC and see what our nation was built around. All the historical documents, the goverment buildings and national monuments are amazing. It was so surreal to be standing in front of Lincoln and knowing how many have walked those same steps. It is surreal to be in the Capitol and know that in a week our law makers and representatives will be walking those halls. It is crazy to look at the White House and know that somewhere inside our President is walking around doing the best he can (hopefully) for the American people and for our freedom! We went to Arlington Cemetary and that might have been my favorite place. Weird, I know...but to look at the tomb of the Unknown's and to see the changing of the guard and the whole ceremony just makes you shiver with pride. JFK's tomb and the flame that never dies -all that his presidency represents...it truly made me feel so thankful for all our liberties and all that we are able to do in the US. I am so thankful for the men and women who fight for our freedom so that we can walk around DC and around our state capitols and make laws and enforce our constitution! The Constitution - holy cow! What an amazing thing to see in person. To know that men sat together so long ago and came up with that, wow! It was humbling. I feel so blessed to have been able to go to our Nation's Capitol.

The shops and food and the little towns around DC were awesome too! :) I loved Georgetown and just north of the Capitol there are some great shops and resturaunts. It was all so great. What a cool place to live. I wasn't that great at the whole METRO system but it was better than traffic!

On a side note - We stayed at the Gaylord National (really cool), got to eat some great food and see some of the cool areas outside of DC. I of course hurt my foot (bad actually), luggage got lost in St. Louis, leg cramps galore, hobbled all around DC, and I am still exhausted from walking around but still so thrilled at all I got to see and do. Oh and my husband got to hear Colin Powell speak - how cool is that? He had jokes...B enjoyed it. :)


OH and.......... We got back at midnight Friday from DC and Saturday night some of our sweetest and dearest friends had a couple's baby shower for us. We got our stroller/carseat (yeah - she can come home from the hospital when we have her!) We are so blessed to have all these wonderful people in our lives.


I forgot my camera at the girl's shower at my second mama's house (Cynthia)... so when I get my mom's camera I will post some of those. If you have met my mom you know she took lots of pics and was hugging and smiling the whole time! Those special women who did that for me and the women helping Kerry Pope next week (which I am so looking forward to) are all so amazing. I am so blessed and so overwhelmed with all the love and just want to say thank you to all the wonderful people in my life who have made Berkley's arrival so special. We are so thankful.

Love and Blessings,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. My dad said he saw you all! He said the whole time he was worried you were going to go into labor! Glad you had a good time. Cooper and I are going there at the end of jan. to visit jayna I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't in DC, but I did watch Night of the Museum 2: Battle for the Smithsonian. I'm so glad you guys had a fun, safe trip. I'm trying to get Kody to take me sometime. I would do anything to see the Declaration of Independence! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete