Me

My photo
Edmond, OK
Blessed wife of an amazing husband and mother to Berkley, Bryn and Blake! God is good.

5.21.2010

They will soar on wings like eagles...

Isaiah Stone:
Always loved this picture of Isaiah!

While we were out of town some friends of ours experienced the worst thing I can imagine for a parent. It has been heavy on my heart but I know that it is nothing compared to what they are feeling and experiencing. I know nothing I can say will be what I want to express exactly but I feel I need to say something. Some friends of ours, Renzi and Leeanne Stone lost their beautiful, strong little boy this week. He was 11 months old and had been having seizures. He was so strong and his family so faithful and so AMAZING during the whole, long battle. He lost the battle but has won the race! He is with his Lord and I have no doubt he is smiling and laughing and playing basketball! I wanted to post because they have asked that people donate in his name and memory to Youth Leadership Oklahoma(there is a link to thier blog with information on my blog list). It is a great organization and I know they would appreciate anyone who donated. This family has had such a rough year, more than I can ever imagine and they have been so faithful, so strong and so upbeat. I am sure they didn't always want to be, or feel like smiling but they were strong for their older son Jackson and for everyone around them. I would have been a mess, I would have been angry and mad and everytime something came at them they fought through! They have been such an inspiration and I'm sure didn't even realize. This is close to my heart because I think so much of Renzi and Leeanne, but also because my husband lost his older sister in 1993. Every year his family has a golf tournament in her honor and to raise money for scholarships. That tournament is this coming week. When I started dating B, it was the week of the tournament. While I have learned so much about my husband and his family while we have been together I learned the most that first few weeks around the first tournament I was a part of. I saw their hearts and spirit. Losing a child is something a parent should never have to experience. Now that I have Berkley it just breaks me to think of what Ren and Lee have been thru and my own parents-in-law and still I can't imagine. Both sets of parents have chosen to celebrate the lives of the child they lost. They have both chosen to help others in their time of loss and through that they have glorified God. I pray that they feel God's love, His peace and His voice during a time that must feel very lonely and dark. I pray that anyone who reads this will stop for just a moment and send a prayer up for Isaiah and those he left here on earth who miss him and love him but whose job it is now to take care of his family. While we are friends we aren't their closest friends, but I feel so honored that I knew Isaiah, I even got to grocery shop with him one time. It was an absolute joy. It is a joy and honor to know the Stone family.

Isaiah 40:31 - May he soar on wings like eagles.


**I wanted to share just a snipit of the past week. I feel so blessed that I got to spend a week in the sun loving on my baby and enjoying time with my husband and his family.
Ok so she didn't sleep well. She regressed back to being up at 12:30 and 1:30 in the morning and every few hours after that, but who cares when you have this smiling face staring at you. How flippin cute is she?? Oh and she learned to roll over on the trip! SO fun. We are so blessed. More to come later.
Love and Blessings, bb

No comments:

Post a Comment